To complete this assignment, you will identify one buyer or client that you have not previously engaged and successfully establish two-way communication with them. The goal is to start one net new business relationship.
- Identify one new buyer or client contact that you’d like to schedule a meeting/call/demo with.
- Reach out to that buyer/client via social media channels (LinkedIn or Twitter) to start a conversation that will result in a new meeting/call/demo being scheduled.
- Note: Your conversation should start socially but does not need to end socially. For example, your initial outreach may be via LinkedIn but then could move to email/phone before a meeting is scheduled.
- If it is not possible for you to reach out to a client via social media channels because of your target industry, revert back to the use of email/phone for this assignment and reference something you learned about the buyer/client during your online research of them (i.e. personalize the message to the buyer/client).
- Once you have scheduled a new meeting/call/demo with a buyer/client, email the following information to your manager for written approval:
- What is the company name of the buyer/client? (ex. Thomson Reuters)
- What is the full name AND job title of the buyer/client? (ex. Bob Smith, VP of Marketing)
- What date is the meeting/call/demo scheduled for? (ex. Tuesday May 9th at 3:30pm ET)
- What process did you take to schedule the meeting/call/demo? (ex. I reach out to Bob via LinkedIn and referenced our mutual relationship to George Albert. Bob then accepted my proposed discovery call time)
- To complete this assignment, take a screenshot of your manager’s email response confirming the details of your new meeting/call/demo and upload the screenshot into the learning portal using the Upload Now button at the bottom of this page.
Here is a sample image: